In this hands-on class, our instructor will walk you through the steps for making smooth, creamy caramel from scratch. You’ll learn to recognize the stages of cooked sugar as you practice two common caramelizing techniques—wet method and dry method. We’ll show you how to work with candy thermometers and Silpat nonstick mats. Plus, we’ll share tips for enhancing flavor with salts and chocolate ganache. Join us and discover how simple it can be to create decadent treats with delicious homemade caramel.
What To Expect:
Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sign up HERE.