The Seasonal Retail Merchandising Associate is responsible for providing a great shopping experience, and driving sales and profit through customer service, proper merchandising on the sales floor and accurate merchandise movement throughout the building. Duties include placement of new receipts and floor moves, stockroom organization and replenishment, fulfillment, reverse logistics, RFID, POS transactions and other duties as needed.
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring both the in store and online customer are always the #1 priority
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including POS transactions, credit and Plenti enrollment, and helping her to find what she is looking for
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Associates throughout the store to deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include checking fitting room stalls, sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor immediately as time permits
- Support Omni Channel initiatives
- Perform all functions in an efficient manner; flex between tasks as directed by Supervisor
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate merchandise movement needs with other tasks (floor moves, seasonal sets, fixture needs, etc.)
- Execute merchandising, fulfillment, RFID and reverse logistics tasks timely and accurately to include placement of merchandise to standards (zone-o-gram, directives, fixtures, ADA compliance and visual guidelines), movement of fixtures and merchandise for seasonal sets, stockroom maintenance and organization, replenishment to the sales floor, collection and transport of picked fulfillment orders to appropriate processing areas; preparing and returning BOPS/SDD orders; RFID tag up events, cycle counts, display audits and tagging standards; processing and packing of damages, non-congruent transfers, store initiated transfers, return to vendor and mark out of stock merchandise
- Assist in other tasks as needed (pricing, signing)
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Possess strong merchandising skills.
- Possess vision and creativity.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.