Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at Twenty Ninth Street
- Twenty Ninth Street Management is proud to announce our partnership with the City of Boulder, Boulder County and Xcel Energy to launch a Tenant Sustainability Program designed to help advance more efficient, sustainable and cost-effective operations at the Center.
- In 2014, the center installed 2,906 solar panels that will produce 727kw of power. That is enough energy saved to power 93 homes' electrical use for one year!
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- We have single stream recycling containers throughout the Center. The recycling program is available to Twenty Ninth Street guests and retailers.
- We have waterless urinals in the men’s restroom. Additional water reduction in the restrooms is achieved with automatic flush and automatic faucets.
- Motion sensor lights are installed throughout the Center to conserve energy usage.
- Xeroscaping was used in the landscape design to conserve water consumption while maintaining a beautiful shopping environment.
- Escalator start times have been set to coincide with mall operating hours to conserve energy usage.
- We encourage recycling of environmentally hazardous materials, such as light bulbs, batteries and others.
Leaders in corporate sustainability
At Macerich, while most of our business is focused on reaching new heights, in sustainability we are dedicated to reaching new lows. In fact, "Innovating to Zero" is our ambitious longer-term goal to generate zero energy waste and near zero emissions, zero water waste and zero landfill impact.
GRESB Green Star
2014 - 2017
20th among top 30 on-site generation
EPA Green Power Partnership
CDP Climate A List
2015 - 2017
#1 Ranking 2015 - 2017 GRESB Benchmark
N. American Retail Sector
NARIET Leader in the Light
2014 - 2017
First U.S. In-use Certified Building