Join our caring, open and collaborative team. Founder and CEO, Ariel Kaye, has created a culture of wellness and kindness – from Parachute's L.A. headquarters to our stores across the country and partners around the world. We treat each other with compassion, patience and respect. Believe that everyone’s voice matters. And applaud all wins, big and small.
Our belief is that when we take care of our home, it takes care of us. The unmistakable feeling of home is what inspired us to create Parachute. To responsibly make essential, lasting items that transform a house into so much more. As a Sales Associate, you'll be integral in carrying out our mission to help people feel at home.
What this role entails:
Our Sales Associates bring an amazing energy to the team and our customers – a warm welcome and fond farewell for all that enter our doors. Picking up on feedback, not being afraid of hard work, and listening to customers to make great recommendations will lead to success in this role. Our stores are designed to feel like home – not a traditional retail environment – so everyone feels comfortable here.
This position reports directly to the Store Manager.
- Provide best-in-class customer care and elevated service.
- Deliver an upbeat, personalized experience – one customer at a time.
- Develop meaningful customer connections and build neighborhood community.
- Possess expert knowledge of Parachute branding and products.
- Help maintain and manage organization, cleanliness of stock room and sales floor.
- Maintain backroom organization at sku level.
- Process incoming shipments.
- Process incoming returns and exchanges, both ecommerce and retail.
- Process Buy Online/Pick Up in Store (BOPIS) and Ship From Store oOrders.
- Assist with weekly cycle counts.
- Due to COVID-19, you'll be expected to do daily temperature checks.
- Must be available to work weekends and during the holiday season.
- Retail sales, showroom or customer service experience is preferred.
- Experience using point of sale systems, inventory management software, scanners, barcode labels, shipping programs.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Experience in – and a passion for – home interiors is preferred.
- Must report to our upcoming store in Boulder.
- Parachute seeks to keep its workers and customers protected from the spread of COVID-19 and is therefore requiring all new employees to provide proof of full vaccination status to work in our retail facilities.
What You’ll Get:
- Free bedding for a great night’s sleep
- An awesome discount
- Flexible schedules
- Quarterly incentive programs
- This is a non-exempt role and has a pay rate of $16.00-18/hr dependent on experience.
- Parachute is a certified Great Place to Work! Check us out here.
Our Commitment to You
We believe in the power of a diverse workplace. Which is why we are committed to actively recruiting and hiring people of all races, religions, colors, national origins, genders, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, ages, marital statuses, veteran statuses and disability statuses. As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and foster an inclusive environment by committing to diverse hiring practices, encouraging education and communication with a monthly DE+I newsletter and building a DE+I enrichment and training program.