Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at Twenty Ninth Street
- Twenty Ninth Street Management is proud to announce our partnership with the City of Boulder, Boulder County and Xcel Energy to launch a Tenant Sustainability Program designed to help advance more efficient, sustainable and cost-effective operations at the Center.
- In 2014, the center installed 2,906 solar panels that will produce 727kw of power. That is enough energy saved to power 93 homes' electrical use for one year!
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- We have single stream recycling containers throughout the Center. The recycling program is available to Twenty Ninth Street guests and retailers.
- We have waterless urinals in the men’s restroom. Additional water reduction in the restrooms is achieved with automatic flush and automatic faucets.
- Motion sensor lights are installed throughout the Center to conserve energy usage.
- Xeroscaping was used in the landscape design to conserve water consumption while maintaining a beautiful shopping environment.
- Escalator start times have been set to coincide with mall operating hours to conserve energy usage.
- We encourage recycling of environmentally hazardous materials, such as light bulbs, batteries and others.